What's that going to be, you may ask yourself.
Truth be told, I am not sure.
Here are some ideas I am kicking around though:
- Putting my doilies on canvases. BIG honking canvases, which of course, I cannot afford. So I need to figure out how to get said canvases at a price I can afford. Free would be good but......
- Framing my doilies. I can get cheap frames at thrift stores but mainly they have to be square which is tricky. Also do I want to include glass? I hate the thought of shipping glass. Sincerely. The other thing I could maybe do is buy one or two good frames and show people how the doilies would look framed and let them frame the doilies themselves. (I guess I could do that with the canvas too. Like, have one big canvas, put each doily on it for photos to show how they would look. I could even offer to put a doily on a canvas if the buyer would be willing to pay for the canvas and extra shipping and handling)
- Presenting some canvases/framed doilies/12 pt balls to a new art gallery in Champaign. Sharie says she knows the guy opening it. That takes me back to numbers 1 & 2 though.
- Doing grab bags of my older work to make room for newer stuff. I thought maybe a "Gift Giving" bag with a gift for a child, a woman and a man; a bag of fashion scarves; a bag of crochet flower pins
- A "Build a Hat" listing letting shoppers pick the color/size/style of hat and then adding a motif or flower pin.
- Barefoot sandals. I could stockpile for summer and use up my crochet thread stash.
- Last but not least...burning all my craft stuff and getting a real job.
Any suggestions will be considered carefully. Now go make me some cookies I'm hungry.