Thursday, April 16, 2009

I WON at Quilt Guild ! Woooooooooooo!




One of the best things Leslie has done for me (just one of them mind you, there are many xoxox) is sharing her quilt guild with me. It's a lovely bunch of talented ladies, it is, it is.

I wanted to join her Block of the Month thingy this time as I missed March's Celtic Knot (Btw Leslie, someone showed a quilt top with those blocks she won after you left yesterday). This month it was paper pieced Aspen Leaves. She kindly gave me the correct colors as I didn't have any in my stash.

After a rocky start of wrong cutting and removing the paper when I should have left it on I finally got it right. Then at the guild meeting Leslie gave me her draws too (so my name was in 4 times lol) A darling little tow-headed girl pulled my name out and I won! now I am the proud owner of a bunch of leaves:| Don't worry I already have a plan although I'm a little afraid the quilt police will not like it hahahaha!

I took my quilts and kits. The surprise sleeper hit of the day was the red/black/silver Goth Skull quilt. I asked Cheryl if she thought it was the placement of the quilt which was at the end of the table that everyone saw first or if the quilt was really that special lol! Experiments on that will follow.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

They sure will make a great quilt when you get them together.

I did get a chance to see the Knot Quilt before the meeting started. She did a wonderful job on it as I know you will on your leaves. Looking forward, now to do something with the knots I won as well.