Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Street breakfast, Downtown Colorado Springs








I don't have a lot of traditions in my life, but one thing I do try to do every year is attend the Street Breakfast downtown at Tejon and Pikes Peak. The soldiers from Ft Carson cook a field breakfast of powdered eggs and pancakes and you get milk, coffee or juice to drink. Chute Nine plays their unique brand of country mixed with rock and roll and if you've never sat on a bale of straw...this is your chance! I focused on the Range Riders this year. It's thrilling to see them head out on their annual ride up Pikes Peak. The parade lasetd about 5 1/2 minutes. I video taped it but haven't decided on whether or not to post it on youtube yet. Oh my, the sight of Cavalrymen really does something to me!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

wow, that's something to experience

Leslie said...

Okay, how come I never even heard of it and I live here? Looks like so much fun and those boys in chaps, yum.

Hope said...

Beautiful photos of the horses Rebecca! I love the sweet Appaloosa in the middle of of them. I've got a soft spot for the breed.

Sounds like a great time!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
meg said...

Rebecca,do you remember I have a cow-boy hat?this tom-boy has a cow-boy hat here whooooots! lmao :p