Wednesday, March 19, 2014

The Pennies from Heaven Post

It's a story that HAS to be told!

I look for pennies on the ground when I walk. I have for quite a few years. I used to just think of it as "Luck" but now I view them as the proverbial "Sign from God".

You see I am not what most people would call "Well Off". In fact I live way below the poverty level. You know what though? It's ok because I never want for anything. I have food, clothing, shelter, my cool stuff, my friends, a great family. I have more than enough.

But I don't have a car which is why I walk everywhere. And in walking I find pennies, and other coins of little value. This is what happened to me today:

I was walking to catch the bus to Champaign when a series of events led me to my first penny of the day. Next I found a nickel crossing Main Street (Honorable REO Speedwagon Way) in Champaign. I went to FedEx and then the Art Coop were I saw this art piece



I thought "Well that's weird" lol

After I got back from FedEx in my boss's car I found another penny in the parking lot. Wow, I'm on a roll! I get all the way back into the building and was ready to get on the elevator when I remembered I didn't lock the car so I went back out and there I found ANOTHER penny in street!

Yeah to you it may only be 8 cents but to me it's a blessing.

Monday I found a Canadian penny in the middle of the Chiropracter's parking lot down the street from my house.


I don't spend these coins I glue them to a small canvas with Matt 6:33 on it- Keep seeking first the kingdom and His righteousness and all these things will be added to you.

ETA- I found another penny when we were leaving for home- My all time record is about 40 cents in pennies and dimes up at the Jewel Osco parking lot in Lombard. The snow removal people pushed the snow into a corner and all the change with it.

No comments: