Thursday, November 19, 2009

Why I am Quitting Freecycle 47/365

We came up with an extra DVD player so I decided to post the one I had in my room on freecycle. Here's my original post:

OFFER: APEX DVD player has issues 80907

Remote included. May just need a good cleaning. We had another one given to us

Ok I got a couple of replies. First one had no transportation to come get it. Second one said:

Date: Monday, November 16, 2009, 4:52 PM

I am new here and dont have alot of $$ for xmas and would love to give this to my daughter for a present! Please consider me! Karry 719-***-****

I replied:

Date: Monday, November 16, 2009, 6:04 PM

You would have to clean it first and make sure it works good but you can have it if you want it. I'll be home tonight and tomorrow afternoon 719 *** ****

She replied:

Date: Monday, November 16, 2009, 6:06 PM

I wont have time to get it tonite because I wont be able to google your address until then, but if you can give me your address, I can come right after work tomorrow?

I replied:

Date: Monday, November 16, 2009, 7:51 PM

1*** Constitution 3rd house west of Union. Park in the alley between Meade and Farragut in our driveway...if we are not home it will be on back porch

Woke up: DVD player still on porch

She replied:

Date: Tuesday, November 17, 2009, 11:17 PM

I was there tonite right after work around 7:15 and was in the alley. No one came to the door. I turned right onto Constitution off of Union, went past Meade, turned right into the driveway (before faragot) and went to the third house on the right, which looked like the only house I could even get to from the alley. Big brown fence with a padlock on it so I couldnt get to the door. Honked but no one came out?

*slaps forehead...WHAT?!?

I replied:

Date: Wednesday, November 18, 2009, 1:00 AM

NO we are ON Constitution you just can't park on it that's why you have to turn in the alley. We have a big ol ghetto sled car in the driveway and the house number is on the garage 1*** ...3rd house west of Union. It will be there tomorrow on the back porch

Came home from church 9 PM Wed night...porch light on DVD player still sitting there.

Checked email next morning got this:

Date: Thursday, November 19, 2009, 9:44 AM

Ok, so last nite I sat in your driveway for 10 minutes. I found it, and thought you said it would be on the back porch? It was not. I even walked around to the front, but there werent any lights on; only a flickering T.V., so I thought everyone was sleeping. It wasnt until after 8:00. I commute from Denver and there was an accident on the hwy so that was as early as I could get there....but still....nothing on the back porch.

UGH!!!!! *slaps forehead agin

I have lost patience.... I replied thus:

Date: Thursday, November 19, 2009, 11:20 AM

You are trying my nerves. The DVD player is still sitting on the RAIL ON THE BACK PORCH where we left it. The porch light was on. If the TV was on someone was up. So sorry if they failed to notice you sitting in the driveway for a full 10- minutes. They were probably looking at the TV and not peering out the blinds.I was at church. The garage light AND the porch light were on when I got home. The DVD player was staring at me as I went up the ramp. You have one more chance. If it's not gone when we get up tomorrow it's hitting the trash can.

Went about my business....got this email:

Date: Thursday, November 19, 2009, 5:05 PM

So sorry I wasted a damn tank of gas trying to find the hole, because I keep my word. So sorry I thought you all fell asleep with the tv on. Some people DO go to sleep early. I was trying to be polite. Keep it. From the sounds of it, probably broken anyway and a waste of two days times trying to find the place.

OK I deserved it but hahahahahaha!!! Here's what I wrote back:

Date: Thursday, November 19, 2009, 5:05 PM

(yahoo laughing face) Thanks for the laughs!!!!

AND...I got a good blog out of it (but I am quitting freecycle- I can't take the ignorance)





1 comment:

Leslie said...

OMG, eedjits abound....