Friday, January 8, 2010

My Moleskine Journal Returns Home 97/365

 About this time last year I joined the International Moleskine Exchange group on Ravelry on Leslie's recommendation. I bought a pack of three wee moleskines at Barnes and Nobles, decorated one  and put in my desired themes (music, aliens, stamps). Then I sent it off to Halifax NS to begin the magic.

"WTH is a moleskine?" you may ask

From the website moleskineus.com:

Moleskine History
For two centuries now Moleskine® (mol-a-skeen'-a) has been the legendary notebook of artists, writers, intellectuals and travelers. From gifted artists Henri Matisse (1869–1954) and Vincent van Gogh (1853–1890), to poet and leader of the surrealist movement André Breton (1896-1966) to Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961) considered the most influential writer of the last century, to famous travel writer Bruce Chatwin (1940-1989).
These notebooks have proven they can withstand the trials of travel and abuses that ensues from normal use. This is the one true trusted travel journal.

My little journal went on quite the adventure! It was all over the eastern United States, Canada  and in the UK. Now it's home with me again!

Here's a quick montage

upload pictures

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Awesome, they are such a treasure to have, eh?