Wednesday, June 6, 2012

100 Days of Doilies Day 6

This doily is called Mimosa. It's an Elizabeth Hiddleston pattern and I have probably made 1000, 500, 100, okay, 25-30 of these over the years. I used up some more of the ecru thread, actually the one I bought to finish the long pineapple shown on day 3. But of course I ran out and had to use white for the edge. I rather like it. It's 24" across.

I worked on this in Springfield, Il at a conference I was working the registration desk at. I couldn't hear much of what my boss was saying that day but I learned a lot about how the school admins in the next conference room down are using social networks like Twitter and Facebook to keep parents and students informed (Boy do their voices carry lol)

The people attending our conference without fail stopped to comment on my industriousness. And to tell me their mom/grandmother/aunt crocheted. Only one other person actually crocheted but she uses yarn.




No comments: