I finally finished the Challenge Quilt!! Can anyone say "Blood Sweat and Tears?"
Here is a run down of the rules and how I interpreted them
1. The 2009 Quilt Challenge is "Tropical Dreams" Your kit is $5 and includes a fat quarter of fabric, 3 paint chips and the rules.
Of course now I can't find the rest of the fat quarter...errrrrr..it's gotta be here somewhere. Well maybe I can get a pic of it in a block I didn't use. Ok yeah...it's the blue/green/wavy stuff next to the yellow in those blocks....
2. The design criteria for entry acceptance:
- Technique(s) used in the construction of the quilt is your choice. Examples: hand or fusible applique, hand or machine pieced, foundation pieced,etc. The quilt must be hand or machine quilted by YOU> (Check...everything was done by me tyvm)
- Visually present at least a 2"x2" piece of the fat quarter. You may use as much of this fabric as desired and additional fat quarters may be purchased (Check...got it in several of the ocean blocks)
- Contain at least one color from each paint chip. 1 fabric for each paint chip (Check...the coral/pinks was the hardest but Jack and I figured it out together)
- Contain at least on traditional black of your choosing. Examples :Log Cabin, Nine Patch, Snails Trail (Check...they're wonky but I have four patches in the corners)
- Contain at least one tropical plant: Example: Palm Tree, Orchid, Hibiscus (Check...I used scrapbook stickers as my basis for these and embroidered some for good measure)
- Contain at least one tropical animal, fish or sea shell. Example : Toucans, Parrots, Tigers (Check...I have sea shells, fish a monkey and a lizard.)
- Maker must apply at least three forms of embellishments. Examples: buttons, coins,beads, etc. (Check, check and double CHECK LOL!)
- Quilt finished size: minimum 30" x30" and maximum 60" x 60" (Check.... mine is 39" x 39")
- A quilt label must be stitched or securely attached to the back lower edge (Check...gotter done)