Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Teach A Soldier to Knit Day at the Halley Ranch 122/365

A couple of weeks ago when we picked Dakota up at Dalton's I offered to teach Dalton to knit because he complained he was bored. The child looked at me like I was insane..."Uh no thanks." I knew what he was thinking. "Men don't knit. That's gay." I know this to be untrue and it kind of bugged me so when I got home I got on Twitter and posted:

 Looking for men in #coloradosprings interested in learning to knit to prove a theory that it is a chick magnet and not the opposite #COS

I got this reply within the hour:

nopaleroO
 
@crazy_rebecca I want to learn to knit. I already crochet. [^^,] Well, it's been a while but know how to.



And the experiment was on! We twittered back and forth and finally tonight Juan, aka nopaleroO, came over for supper and a knitting lesson. 


He was a natural! I mean seriously. His stitches were even and he did great (until I distracted him that is whoops) I explained my knitting-as-a-chick-magnet theory. Hopefully he'll take notes on any KIP (knitting in public) experiences he has to further my research.


I had a great time. Especially since another knitter was born and I got a great 365 picture lol



6 comments:

JeanneZ said...

WOW wish I could knit also. HE is doing a wonderful job of it.
JeanneZ

Connie said...

Tres Cool Rebecca!

Shari said...

You should have told him about MAP, maybe he could learn to tat too! Way to go, girl. You are a natural mentor! He did good too!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Nice job!

And applause to Juan too!!!!

Ann Flowers
flowerscrazyq@gmail.com

Amy said...

That is awesome! Way to go and keep it up!

Cynthia L. said...

I think that you did a wonderful thing! I love to knit and love to pass the skill on! Any woman would love a man who knits - wouldn't she?!?!