Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Against the Stream (Take THAT Peer Pressure)

Tuesday, January 7, 2014
Tell us about a time when you didn't bend to peer pressure, and you swam against the stream.

Every day now I take a stand against peer pressure. I have made a choice not to celebrate birthdays or holidays and both these things permeate everyday life like the air we breathe.

There are 7 billion or so people on earth and only 365 days in a year. That means every day it is almost 20 million people's birthdays. I feel like I have at least 1 billion friends on facebook (really only 500 but hey) Everyday it's someone's birthday. I don't join the happy throngs of well wishers. I don't make a stink about it either though.

The world also goes from one holiday to the next. New Years, Valentines Day, St Patrick's Day, Easter, so on and so forth. I don't jump on those band wagons either. We just passed Christmas. OMG if you don't celebrate the so called Birthday of Jesus Christ! Fact- Jesus was NOT born on December 25- Look it up. Fact- Jesus would not have celebrated his birthday as he was Jewish born- Look it up.

I believe in Jesus. Yes, he was indeed born lol. Just not on December 25. Try looking into the origins of all popular holidays.You might be surprised.

Again, I don't raise a stink about this. I just want to be left alone in my beliefs. I respect your decisions to spend money and effort on your holy days (holidays). I only want the same respect from you.


No comments: