Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Doing the Un Doable (A Different Kind of Pressure)

Tuesday, January 14, 2014
Marge Piercy said: "A strong woman is a woman determined to do something others are determined not be done." Tell us about a time when you did what couldn't be done.

OK this is one stupid story, lol.

Once upon a time, when I lived in a green house in a cornfield, I took my knitting into town to show the old lady who lived in the green house in the cornfield before me. She took one look at my knitting and exclaimed "You can't do that! You can't mix wool and cotton and acrylic all in one piece!"

I looked at her and said "Mable, I got some news for ya sweetie. There are NO KNITTING POLICE and if I want to mix fibers in this shawl I will"

And I did.

The end.

Now you can do the same. Go gather up all your odds and ends of yarns and for the love of God Make Sure they are DIFFERENT Fibers!

Here's a free pattern to get you going

http://andra-asars.com/free_patterns/art_class_mixed_fiber_c_c_pat.htm

No comments: