Monday, January 20, 2014

Conformity (Pressure)

Monday, January 20, 2014
Do you still feel pressure of conform? If no, what age did it stop?


Conformity

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Conformity is the act of matching attitudes, beliefs, and behaviors to group norms. Norms are implicit, unsaid rules, shared by a group of individuals, that guide their interactions with others. This tendency to conform occurs in small groups and/or society as a whole, and may result from subtle unconscious influences, or direct and overt social pressure. Conformity can occur in the presence of others, or when an individual is alone. For example, people tend to follow social norms when eating or watching television, even when alone.


Yes, I still conform, but it's to different things depending on whom I am with. I have several groups of people in my life and they all have their own rules to live by. I will follow said rules to a point but if I feel the urge to veer don't think I won't (remember the mixed fiber knitting story!)

Here I am with my Acoustic Pond  friends Meg and Blondie. In this istance am NOT conforming to the world's standard of beauty lol






2 comments:

Unknown said...

Is the Acoustic Pond still alive? Where are you guys playing now? I remember Froggy, Aussiebeth, Sd Srv, warrinpeas, so many folks... please let me know.
-Ducky20girl

Unknown said...

Cackles1982 at gmail.com