Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Falling Off the (Fiber) Wagon & a Surprise Gift 74/365

Yeah so about that 100 thing challenge. The one where I was going to make 100 things BEFORE buying anything new for my stash. I fell off the fiber wagon. I had a little $$$ in my pocket and I needed colors I didn't have. You know how that goes right? OK I am tightening my belt and pulling myself up by the bootstraps. I will finish the 100 thing challenge...I WILL I SAY!!!! And not only that....I think (know) I will surpass 100 and then it will be the "How many things can I make now before I buy more stuff?" challenge. I'll keep you posted, you know I will.


Here's what I bought. Six balls of crochet cotton at $1 per at the Yarn Outlet. These have 1093 yds. Wow. That could take me a year to use up. I needed cool colors. Got mint green, lavender, two olive green and a grey. A thick and Quick wool blend from Lion Brand. I sold all three hats I made from this yarn so I wanted another skein. Bought at JoAnns with a Hobby Lobby coupon for 40% off. Two skeins of sock yarn for this. They were super reasonable at 2 for $5.00, also from JoAnns. The last bulky yarn is for a hat for my friend Ac1d in camfrog. I promised him a hat a year ago and he's not letting me forget it. How cold does it get in New Zealand? I got it for a song with a coupon at Michaels. Total spent....about $18 plus tax. I can live with that.

Check out the COOL labels Marcy sent me!!! OMG OMG OMG! This has to be one of the best gifts I have ever received!

My 365 shows another bulky hat I squeezed out of the last of the Thick n Quick.


No comments: