Monday, January 3, 2011

Know Thy Enemy 3/365

In order to avoid adding to my stash I need to do the following.

  1. Unsubscribe from the Jo-Ann and Michaels weekly ads. Stay away from www.hobbylobby.com.
  2. That being said, stay far away from all actual Jo Anns, Michaels and Hobby Lobby brick and mortar stores.
  3. Definitely stay away from the craft sections of any thrift stores I might wander in to. No looking for prom dresses, silk shirts or velvet skirts either.
  4. Don't even glance towards the put and take table at quilt guild meetings.
  5. Avoid yard sales.
  6. Avoid giving in to Leslie when she offers up her stash sacrifices.
  7. Look at things with a new eye. Search for upcycling ideas and free patterns online.
  8. Ask people to slap me if they see me even looking like I MIGHT try to buy yarn, fabric or beads.

1 comment:

sarah-anne said...

This I understand, only for me its scrapbooking mixed media art supplies. Thankfully the art store was closed by the time I got to it tonight:P